Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Blah and Yay!

I couldn't sleep last night, thanks to this "cold". I woke up and called Dr. K's office. They can't see me until Monday. So I asked them to have the nurse call me. She calls and says I can take Mucinex D, so I did. I start feeling better, so I shower. I got very light headed in the shower though and had to get out. As I'm getting out, I start vomiting violently. It wouldn't stop. Finally, I catch my breath and yell for my mom. (Thank God she was here.) I tell her to get ready to take me to the ER. That was the 3rd time I've thrown up since yesterday. I haven't kept anything I've eaten down. And I've lost 5 pounds since Monday. That can't be good for the twins!

So I go in and find out I have a virus, an upper respiratory infection, and an urinary tract infection. They gave me some fluids and anti-nausea meds via IV. Just before I leave, they decide to check on the babies' heartbeats. They can't find them...neither of them. I'm in a panic at this point, but they had already made me an appointment for an u/s.

I head over to u/s and they call me right back. She put the wand on my tummy and I saw them both move, which caused me to immediately break down in tears. I was so relieved! Anyway, the babies are great. We're 11 weeks, 6 days today and they're both measuring 12 weeks, 3 days with heartrates of 163 and 167. They've grown so much and are actual human babies and not gummy bears anymore! I couldn't believe how much they were moving all around and I think I'm feeling one of them!

I feel a lot better emotionally, but I'm still feeling pretty icky physically. I need to bake goodies tomorrow for the kids' Christmas parties on Friday, but I think that's out. Luckily, David doesn't have to be at work until 3 and he's offered to do it for me. What a great guy!

No comments: