Sunday, November 9, 2008

Seeing double!

Friday was a very wonderful experience. Despite waiting in the waiting room for so long with my stomach growling, the ultrasound ended up being worth it. I was laying on the table, staring at the screen, when the dr began. I heard Niki "gasp" when she saw the first flicker of a heartbeat. Soon, we saw the flicker of the second heartbeat. I could hear Niki and Nathan react, but I was afraid to look at them. I had a feeling I'd be in tears if I did. Once the ultrasound was complete, I sat up and sure enough, they both had happy tears in their eyes. What a great feeling that was! I was able to hide the tears until Nathan called his mom. I could hear the excitement and her happy tears in her voice. It was then I could no longer control mine. I feel so blessed to be carrying the children and grandchildren of such wonderful people. There's not one doubt in my mind that these babies are going to be loved and oh so spoiled!


Here's Thing 2 (top) and Thing 1 (bottom).


And here they are again with their heartrates underneath. Thing 1 is on top and Thing 2 is on bottom. Although Thing 2's heart rate faded, it was just because of the position he/she is in and the dr had a hard time getting it. Heartrates were 110 and 111.

1 comment:

One of the Bunch said...

I can not tell you how thrilled I am for all of you. What wonderful news to have over the holiday seasons.

Congratulations to you all.

-Becky (MI)