Wednesday, October 8, 2008

1.5 inches into my dorsal gluteus?

I have to say my IPs (intended parents) are quite amusing. Niki needs to post about the shot Nathan gave her last night because the story made me giggle. :) I just love them.

Well I start the PIO injections tonight. For some reason, I'm a bit anxious about it. I guess it's because I'm in nursing school and I've seen lots of needles lately. I now realize how long those boogers really are. With previous transfers, I'd draw up the injection; but I never paid much attention to the needle since David took the cap off just before giving it to me. So, anyway, after seeing so many classmates break and bend needles (as I'm pretty darn good at it if I say so myself), I guess I'm a bit nervous. The nursing instructors also emphasize that giving injections in the dorsal gluteus (upper outer area of the booty) is not the best place for injections because of the risk of hitting the sciatic nerve. Now this will be my 8th transfer and David has always given me the shots and he has yet to hit the sciatic nerve *knock on wood*, so I'm just being silly. Right? Hrm. Although I'm a bit nervous, I'm VERY excited and hopeful (that my loving, wonderful husband won't hit my sciatic nerve or break the needle).

Niki's retrieval is tomorrow! This is finally happening... :)

No comments: